The love Popats (Parrots) are the first NFTs launched by us in conjunction with our 2022 Valentines day collection:
It's my first time delving into the world of NFTs and I am still learning how it all works! Through my first Popat NFT launch and I hope to take you on this journey with me.
Only 10 tokens will be available and will represent a distinct story of love for you to cherish- and I am giving them for free to the first 10 people to claim them. You can claim your NFT when you purchase any item from my Valentine’s Day collection on my website or on riyacollective.com. I can’t wait to take you on this journey with me.
For me, this NFT launch is all about building an authentic community around South Asian inspired art and accessories. As an artist, I find myself wanting a group of people to bounce ideas off of and share inspiration, if that sounds exciting to you, please do join!
My Popat NFTs were designed in collaboration with illustrator Seetul, born out of our mutual admiration of each other’s styles and the way South Asian heritage inspires our work. Our 10 unique Popats radiate pure love and light and have been soaring all across the globe to unlock behind-the-scenes access to join the APL tribe where I will take you on the journey as I grow my brand.
The token is your gateway to a small, warm and welcoming community. You’ll be able to chat with me & Seetul, as well as other community members on a closed WhatsApp group.
>Exclusive peeks into the development stages of the upcoming collection
>Exclusive early-bird access to shop new drops
As this community grows we want to offer online and in person events for the members of this community so we can all grow.
What is an NFT?
- NFT stands for Non-Fungible Token and what this means is it can’t be replaced. Most things in your life are non-fungible, aside from money. If I give you my 1 dollar bill and you give me yours, it’s really no different to either of us. If I give you my iPhone 13 and you give me your iPhone13, it’s very different for both of us. The dollar bill is fungible, the owned asset such as the iPhone, is non-fungible.
How does it work?
- The NFT is part of a blockchain, usually Ethereum, Solana etc. Because it lives on the blockchain it’s fully transparent and it can’t be changed. It has code or data associated with it. The NFTs we issue will give you access to future features we build on the platform. As the NFT holder you will always get access.
How can I access my Token?
- If you have a wallet (Such as Metamask, Rainbow) you will be able to see it there - we will confirm once we’ve completed the transfer.
- If you don’t see it there, you can connect your wallet to opensea and check the hidden collections.
What if I don’t have a wallet
- You can sign up for a wallet, we recommend MetaMask and can help you walk through the signing up!
How do I get a token?
- We want to make it easy for new folks to crypto and NFTs can easily get credit for supporting the creators they love so we’re making it easy for you to still get ownership of the NFT even if you don’t yet have a wallet. After you purchase an item, fill out this form and enter in your email or your eth wallet address.
- We want to make it easy for new folks to crypto and NFTs can easily get credit for supporting the creators they love so we’re making it easy for you to still get ownership of the NFT even if you don’t yet have a wallet.
- If you have a wallet, The Riya team will be transferring the token to you so you can avoid gas fees. If not, it’s totally fine. We. will still consider you the owner and until you have a wallet we’ll be the custodial of the NFT.
Still confused, can I talk to someone?
- Absolutely, we want to make it easy for you to get started. Sign up to join our NFT 101 sessions with Riya and they'll walk you through everything on a zoom call!